Having beautiful plants is a way to bring a dazzling view to your home and lawn. Not everyone has a green thumb but often a little help gives you a start at growing your own successful Flowerbed.
8 Ways That Help Grow Beautiful Plants
1) Take the time to make a proper environment for planting. Loosen the soil at least 6 inches and add organic matter before raking level.
2) Don’t smother plants with too much soil Try to make the soil layer about 1/4 inch thick or follow instructions on the seed package.
3) Nourish your plants as they are growing One food option is to use manure tea, fast feed with water-soluble fertilizers or go organic with slower acting but healthier compost.
4) Remove the weeds while plants are growing This will give your plants a chance to grow up straight & sturdy. The weeds will steal all the nutrients & water from your plants.
5) Be protective of newly planted seedlings Try keeping the soil moist but avoid fertilizing them until you see at least 2 true leaves. Fertilizing before that could cause harm to them.
6) Deadhead plants as it is needed When your plants are blooming, remove all the blooms that look healthy by shearing them off.
7) Help support your plants as they grow taller Use props to help them stay strong against the rainstorm and high wind days.
8) Use plant adoption instead of planting. You can purchase plants or start them out indoors and transplant them into your garden.
I hope this post helped some of you out there that would like to start a garden or plant bed. Below are a few links to some products that could help you as well as a video about growing and transplanting your plants. Thanks for visiting.